PLAYER SCREENING FOR BASKETBALL ACTIVITIES
Simple rule: If a player was unable to attend school during the day due to (a) illness or showing COVID symptoms, or (b) the player's school being closed for a COVID operational day, the player is not eligible to participate in that day's KVBA activities.
December 2021 UPDATE
KVBA continues to follow the COVID-19 guidance released by GNB, and the following mandatory regulations are currently in place for all KVBA basketball activities until further notice:
- All players and coaches who are eligible to be vaccinated must show proof of full vaccination to participate in indoor sporting activities. Proof of vaccination must include two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. Note that printable vaccination records are available through the MyHealthNB portal.
- Proof of vaccination will be confirmed prior to entering facilities for first practices, tryouts, or open gym times at the start of each season.
- Players who have recently turned 12 or will be turning 12 during the current KVBA season are expected to pursue full vaccination promptly and supply proof of vaccination to KVBA.
- Standard COVID-19 screening and hand sanitization will be performed at each basketball session.
- A limited number of spectators per family will be permitted to watch games. Please follow the instructions provided by your team manager or coach. No spectators are permitted in the facilities for team practices.
- Following the current guidelines set forth by ASD-S for community use of its schools for indoor youth sports (link), players and coaches are required to wear masks when entering and exiting the schools, but may remove their masks when actively participating in basketball activities.